Pages

Saturday, April 6, 2013

The Park Ranger's Bed

So, the twin sized bed in Uber Son's room was getting pretty ratty. I figured I'd find a double bed so we'd be all set for overnight guests. I got a new mattress & box spring for me and moved the older one right in. I just needed a frame for it.  I looked at a few yard sales and I went to the Wednesday auction, and I browsed Craig's List and that's where I found this beauty.
 I called the owner, he was over in West Branch, Iowa. He gave me directions and off Hubs and I went to see it. It was love at first sight for me. Such pretty wood! I met the owner who happened to be a National Park Ranger at the Herbert Hoover National Historic Sight. A very nice guy and the bed was ours for only $50.
I threw mom's quilt on it for a picture...looks awesome doesn't it! And those freshly painted walls...Oh My!!!!

No comments: