Pages

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Retail Time On Vacation

So while in St. Louis Hubs wanted to stop at Volpi Meats. They make salami and other Italian goodies.
Hubs was in Salami heaven! We bought several different kinds to try out and the folks who were shopping and working there conversed in Italian making us feel like we were in a very far away place!
Next was a business that advertises it has been in business for 110 years. Jackmans Fabrics at 1234 North Lindbergh | St. Louis, Missouri. Oh my goodness, I knew immediatly that I did not have enough budget for this much fabric!




And look at the selection of 109" width fabrics!
And if that wasn't enough, attached to jackmans is Artistic Textiles. A seperate store in a store that has home dec fabric wall to wall!!
  photo IMAG3389_zpsc45500af.jpg

Look at all those rolls of home dec fabric. Everything from tapestries to drapery lining and the trims too! I could have spent a lot longer here!
Back to Jackmans...They are also a Babylock dealer! WOW! Look they had all of the dream machines on display!
Look here's the new Tiara, the fabric on the table moves under the needle-no loading fabric on a big frame!!
Here's the Crown Jewel long arm machine.
So many machines and so little time!!
Just one more fabric.....I am in love with those black & white reindeer!


I only purchased a little bit, but it sure was fun to see and touch all the fabrics that I see on line and in magazines!

Off to the hotel we went, and tomorrow I'll show you where we stopped on the way home!








No comments: