Pages

Saturday, November 30, 2013

Sewing for Others

I altered a pair of trousers yesterday-it was a first for me. 
I looked at some you tube tutorials, so I had an idea how to do it. I removed the belt loop in the center back then opened the seam up that attaches the pants to the waist band.
Then I took it all in the 1" the man wanted. I trimmed it and put everything back in place-it was hard to get that waistband to lie smooth, but I used some persuasion.


Pretty good result I think! I also hemmed these trousers up an inch too. It took kind of a long time to do so it won't be cost effective to many of this type of alteration. These trousers belong to the Dad of a girl I work with. He is retired from P&G and his wife used to sew for him before she passed away so I always try to sew for him when I can. I know, I'm a softteeeee. Now I need to finish the Ho Ho Ho banner!
 

No comments: