Pages

Monday, October 12, 2015

At The Drive In

So we made it to the Drive In before it closes for the season. It's just about an hour drive over to Newton, Iowa and the Valle Drive In. This time we saw The Martian with Matt Damon. It was pretty good. I liked it a lot more than I thought I would. The story moved along well. I thought it might get boring being stuck on Mars, but the movie makers made sure there are a few twists to keep it interesting. I'd see it again.
One great thing about the Valle Drive in is that it's always a double feature. The Intern with Robert DeNiro and Ann Hathaway was the 2nd feature. I had seen previews of this movie and thought it would be really good.
Honestly though, the story was too poorly edited to be a really great movie. I wanted to like it so much, Ann Hathaway's character was wonderful-such a great script, Robert Deniro was excellent playing the older wiser intern, but bottom line they edited out so much that the story was just disjointed. They mention doing things, but then never do them, I have no idea why they left a whole sub story about an email set to Ann Hathaway's Mom and the other characters go through a whole silly scene about it. It really served no purpose and was not in keeping with "wise" intern's character. And why did they even bother talking about her mom-we never see her and have no idea why she calls. Poor editing and poor story telling. Acting was good though!

No comments: