Pages

Saturday, December 5, 2015

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

I love a good craft show. I love to see the art and the crafts. Today was the annual Thieves Market at the Iowa memorial Union, in Iowa City, Iowa. BTW Iowa Hawkeyes 12-0 will be playing for the Big 10 championship tonight-GO HAWKS!
 Parking is always an adventure and the construction folks were probably very tired of the traffic generated by this big arts and crafts show.
 This was my very favorite booth at the show. These are vintage trees from the 30s and the artists filled them up with all kinds of old timey goodness.
 Unfortunately they were waaaay out of my price range, selling for around $250 each. But they were awesome! I'm going to keep my out for a tree like this!
 There was a good crowd, the IMU is a really large place so moving around was easy! So many great pieces of art. A few too many pottery folks in my opinion, but each one had something unique to offer.
Lots of jewelry, and lots of photographic art too. It's officially that time of year!

No comments: