Pages

Saturday, February 8, 2020

Another finish....late!

 I got these sweet reproduction 1930's feed sack fabrics. They were on sale! Yay! I just love the crisp clean look of this line of fabrics.
 Ringo approves! I planned to make a quilt for my dear SIL in Florida. We're going to visit her soon....actually, I'm so far behind in blogging, that we just got back!LOL! She LOVED the finished quilt!
I decided to make half rectangle triangles and toss them together for a throw size quilt. Trim, trim, trim, trim......
 I added a nice 4" border around the whole thing and we're off to get backing!
 I know she loves the soft acrylic fabrics, so I'm backing it with Minky.
 Bob is liking it very much! I just used my walking foot to do straight line quilting along the diagonal of the blocks. Simple!
 The red minky really sets it off! I love it!
 Nice and bright!
 And that cheery binding looks great!
 Now to continue work on this beauty! It's the Mystery Quilt from Bonnie K. Hunter called Frolic. This is the 1st of 20-some odd blocks I need to finish! Onward to Frolic!

No comments: