Pages

Monday, February 24, 2020

Frolic is DONE!

 So back in November I started the Frolic Mystery Quilt Along from over on Bonnie K Hunter's Quiltville Blog..
The mystery quilt comes along every year in November and Bonnie K Hunter is famous for her use of scraps, scrapiness, and these mystery quilts.
 SO, I'd been collecting the instructions as they came out every week or so, but I kept having things come up while I was trying to get it all cut and sorted and up to speed!

We went on vacation....

 and I had to stop and make a couple of other more pressing quilts.....
 And the holidays came and went....but NOW IT'S TIME!
Look at this...the blocks are set on point, so there were a bunch of setting triangles to make.
 Look at the mess of seams!! Nothing seems to want to play together nicely at all.
 And the borders! OH my goodness-sooo many pieces!!!!!
 I just went my own way with the border...I had so many extra pieces!! The Designer said there would be extras, because she thought it was the best way to make the directions work for a mystery quilt. Booooo!
Anyways, I got the border done and the top is complete!!!! This thing is huge!
 And so it sat around for awhile, waiting for a day warm enough to spray baste it outdoors with my garage door method. Finally Saturday was the day!!!!
 Look at the size of this beast!
 I am loving it a lot. I struggled with a little breeze, I struggled with the spray can that wouldn't spray and the can whose nozzle fell of...GRRRRR. I was so frustrated!
 But look, one whole day meandering around with lovely purple variegated thread and she's done!!
 It finished at about 92" square.
 It went through my Babylock  fine, not too much struggle.
 I couldn't find a place high enough to hang it up, so the ground was pretty dry here!

 Love this backing fabric I got at Hobby Lobby for only $3 a yard! I needed 6 yards so that was a total steal!
 I'm glad this one is done!
Here's the original made by Bonnie K Hunter. You can see all the ones folks made by visiting her blog, facebook anmd Intsagram pages.
I'm just glad to get this one in the wash and decide where to put it!



1 comment:

Jean said...

I want to see this one in person!