Pages

Monday, December 31, 2012

One LAST Project for 2012

I had one more piece of fabric that I purchased not too long ago with the idea of making curtains for the bedroom. I sleep during the day and I have blinds and shades, but there's this one little sliver of light at certain times of the year that curtains would take care of. I saw this cute idea (above) on Pinterest. I don't have any cool old spools like these, but I was inspired!
SO I sewed up the plain curtains. I already had the lovely Waverly valence. And I really liked this fabric-it's kind of homespun-ish and has a nice feel AND it was on sale for something like $4 a yard, so I bought all they had.
It was pretty close.....I almost was too short. Wait...Don't look under that valence!!!
Heeey, yes, I took the short cut...I made tab tops, but barely had enough fabric for them too so I just cheated and zigzagged the tabs on after I serged the edge! Shhh, don't tell!! Just put the valance back and we'll forget this episode happened!
There, see the vintage spools I used for tie backs? Cute huh? I just put a screw in the wall a little shorter than the spool and slid the spool right on to the screw.
And the other side. Now this is a double window and we won't talk about how I cheated on the fabric to make only 3 panels instead of 4.....so in the middle I did this...
Same rust colored ribbon and a larger vintage spool. I just left the thread on it. I got these spools quite a long time ago either at an auction or in a swap, I can't remember for sure.
So there! All done. I might change to a wider ribbon at some point, but this is pretty good. I don't have anymore designated fabric right now and the only project left is the salt water taffy baby quilt.
 It's nice to start the new year with no fabric guilt!






No comments: