Pages

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Pinterest Project

So I saw this idea on Pinterest, linked HERE and HERE.
Since the blinds in Uber Son's room were in tatters, I thought it would be a great place to try it out.
So I had to fix the top rail, a little of the handy-man-secret-weapon, and we'll get this experiment going! I didn't take a pic of the horrible condition of the blinds, but let's just say I was lucky to have 6 slats that weren't cracked or broken.
I bought some fabric off the clearance rack and it will do just fine, and I'm doing this on the cheap.
SO I followed the tutorials, and used tacky glue, because it's what I had on hand. And after getting glue in my hair, getting a rug burn on my elbow and realizing, I'm too old to be crawling around on the floor, I got it done!
Not bad. I saw some of the tutorials that sewed the hems, which would look a lot better and I don't think the tacky glue was a great choice, it kind of shows up close. But the idea is pretty cool and using the hardware from the cheap-o mini blind is an excellent idea!




0 comments: