Pages

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Valentines

I love Valentines. I love them so much, I joined the swap again this year over at  Aunt Peaches. No she's not related. Anyways, I got a little head start.

I need to make 3 for the swap, so I made them like postcards. I'll have to put them in a envelope to mail, but, aren't they nice! And I'll get 3 valentines back! YAY!
I was at Target a couple of weeks ago and they sure don't make paper valentines like they used to. There's hardly any to choose from and they're so tiny.  More space on the shelf is devoted to little made-in-china cheapo toys and valentines that have something attached like pencils, candy . And look at this...
They have an entire section for TEACHER valentine GIFTS! Really? Ya think every kid ought to spend five bucks on a teacher gift? Grrrr, maybe folks ahould be encouraged to give $5 to their teacher's classroom, maybe the kids wouldn't have to sell so many things during the year! Oopsy, that sounded bad didn't it. Well, I just find it hard to think that teachers are wishing for a box, mug, tin, carton, bag, or jar of chocolates from every darn student! OK I better move on...
Lots of chocolate. Yep, they sure don't make valentines like they used to.....






No comments: