Pages

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Road Trip

I was looking for a full sized bed frame to replace the twin bed in Uber Son's room and saw one advertised over in Washington. So i drove over there to have a look. I didn't buy that bed, but it was a bright beautiful day and the drive over that way is very nice!
 In the Washington/Kalona Iowa area there are lots of barn quilt blocks like these.
It's pretty interesting to see them.
 Here's their website.
 I also stopped at Stringtown Grocery. I had heard of it many times but never took the time to stop. The Amish and Mennonite folks repackage foodstuffs in bulk here and sell it at pretty good prices.
 Ohhh look giant bags of lucky charms with just the charms!!

 Beans and grains and all kind of spices. It's a pretty small store but they have a lot of things to choose from.
Next door is a farm with some Amish buggies near the barn. Seeing the buggies around the area is not unusual, but always a little bit of a surprise. I ended up getting a bed over in West Branch, I'll have to show it to you later.

No comments: