Pages

Friday, August 16, 2013

A Two Day Vacation

So, I gotta say, I am pooped! A whirlwind 2 day vacation to St. Louis wore me out!
We went on the Blues Cruise.
You get to go for a little trip up the Mighty Missip, and then return after an evening of dancing and a great band and some beverages too.

We had such fun! We ran inot some dear ladies that we met there last year! Who knew???!
Here's jean and Me & Hubs and our pal Mary.
Here's Dear Son and Jean on board with the arch in the background...what? You can't see the arch, well just trust me on this one.
Before we boarded we went to the Hwy 61 Roadhouse for Supper. The retaurant was featured on the Food Network show Diners, Drive Ins & Dives so we had to try it out.


We sat outside on the patio, after checking out the eclectic decor inside



Service was slow, we had a new guy, too bad because the food was really good.  Dan ordered a salad and the Jambalaya and  a side of Mac & Cheese, The mac was nothing special at all, but the bleu cheese dressing I am told, was outstanding!
Son had a BBQ Bacon Burger, look at that, it's lovely isn't it? Son said it was the 2nd best burger he has EVER HAD! That's pretty high praise!

I had 1/2 slab of ribs and so did jean. It was delicious. I loved the sauce, such a nice flavor, and BONUS Bones for the dogs! I  also had the waffle fries, they were very good, but cold, and the baked beans which were good too. Not as good as some others I have had but they were good enough to eat and the sides were all really big, so there was a lot of food. I would recommend eating at the Hwy 61 Roadhouse. It was on a Thursday, so it wasn't crowded at all, but the poor service was a sad thing. It's hard to be the new server, but he made little to no effort to be a good server in addition to being slow.
I still can't get enough of the amazing arch. I think I could take pictures of it all day!



No comments: