Pages

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Almost ready

So I posted about this baby quilt I started last week. I'm making progress!
 Cute, right? wavy lines, like waves, like ocean, for pirates...see!
 I used red thread to quilt wavy across the quilt stitching. It was harder than you'd think! I thought I would just free motion quilt the wavy lines, but I couldn't manage to keep the waves smooth.
 So then I thought I'd try just using the wavy stitch on my sewing machine with the regular foot...ick, not enough wavy-ness.

 So finally I just stuck on my walking foot and sewed wavy lines, I had to chuckle a little because everyone always says they can't sew a straight line and here I was try NOT to sew a straight line!
 I love the way the quilting came out. Now I just need to trim and bind. The baby that's getting this quilt arrived last week so I better get going!

No comments: