Pages

Saturday, December 31, 2016

Holiday Roundup-Ready for a New Year

 So I just need to re cap the frantic feeling holiday! It seems like I drove away the whole Christmas time! My favorite time though was this. On Christmas night after supper, DD, Uber Son & Lovely Jean loaded up in the car to look at the Christmas lights around town......
 And to catch Pokemon!

 I know-silly, right? Well I have a bunch of Pokemon Go! players in my life and it was actually a lot of fun to do!
 We drove to a couple of Pokemon Gyms and enjoyed the Christmas lights along the way! Fun time with the family!
We also had Christmas Monday at my folks home. There's some joyous vibes coming form these two...or maybe not....
 We exchanged gifts, ate sloppy joes and had a great time.
 I told my sister that I didn't have any photos of her from 2016 to put in to the 2017 annual calendar for Mom so I had to make an effort to get some of her for the 2018 calendar!
 Mom always likes the calendars, with the photos of the family scattered around every month. She and Dad both liked the assortment this year!
 Then we had the final gifting event with Pizza at our house on Friday. The Ginger kids all came to get their gifts-the logistics involved in getting multiple Christmas gatherings with multiple extended families is a truly a massive undertaking!
And the best part is, no one cried and said they didn't like it! YAY! I used the Pinterest idea of getting each kid "something to wear, something to read and something they want." So they all got socks and pants and a book and some money to buy whatever they want! Score one for this Christmas gift giver! I wish I would have had a little bit more time-I wanted to read the books I bought them. For Caitlynn I got Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco & James Patterson-I love James Patterson, for Will I got Theodore Boone: Kid Lawyer by John Grisham-I love to read John Grisham books, I gotta say, I think it's awesome that quite a few of my favorite authors are writing books for young readers-maybe it's just smart marketing, but I really liked  choosing authors I love, to share with the kids! For Kevin I got Captain Underpants and the Sensational Saga of Sir Stinks-A-Lot (Captain Underpants #12) by Dav Pilkey-Uber Son loved Captain Underpants at that age! And for Jaymie I got the first in a new series called The never Girls In a Blink (Disney: The Never Girls Series #1) by Kiki Thorpe, RH Disney. Maybe they'll let me borrow them so I can read them in the coming year!  

OK, so I think that's the final Christmas and the final post for 2016. Hard to believe the year is over already.

No comments: