Pages

Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Starting 2017 Right!

 So, I started this quilt for a work friend of DD's who is having a baby boy. Well when I started....back in November, I thought I'd be done quickly. As usual, I find that random scrappy is hard.
It's a cute pattern from the Winter 2016 magazine Quilts & More. But I struggled when it came to assembly. It is beyond me how to easily match these rows to keep the nice hexie shape.

 I tried all kinds of measurements and pins and I though I'd never get them to line up, but I think it looks pretty darn good! So I got it sandwiched and did a quick loopy quilt job on it. This was on New Years Eve...If I finish this baby quilt, I will start 2017 with NO uncompleted projects!
 I stop for a break for just one minute and look who thinks that's their cue to take a test nap.
 Anyways, I shoved the cat off and got the binding done! And this was before Mariah Carey's New Year's Eve melt down on TV.
Looking good and ready for  a quick wash and dry to get the wrinkly goodness!
 There all done!
Ready for delivery...especially since DD tells me the baby boy arrived the other day! Well now he'll be cozy all winter!

And best of all, no UFOs starting out 2017!

No comments: