Pages

Friday, August 10, 2018

A Quilt Shop Visit & A Finish!

 This is the Old School in Mount Vernon, Iowa. It is filled with little businesses, including a Quilt SHOP!! YAY!!!!! Helios Stitches & Stuff is located here and I stopped by last Sunday...just for a minute....
 I went on a great day-it's sale day at Helio's! Here's their LINK. Look at all this fabric, out in the hall, like it got in trouble for talking in class....
 It's fun to see the old building stocked with shops in the classrooms!  There's a florist and an antique shop and a fitness center and a little gift shop too.
 But I really didn't have a lot of time I was on a mission to get backing for the Choose Your Own Adventure QAL quilt that I had finished. Here's what I came home with! AND only $5 a yard on sale!!!
 Yes, I bought Kaffe Fassett fabric...for ONLY $5 a YARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And here's the finished quilt!
 I used almost every bit of peachy colored fabric that I had!
 I also used up that turquoise colored fabric that I had on hand from my last visit to the Minnesota wonderland that is SR Harris Fabrics. Hmmm, might be time for another visit to MCR!
 It's far from perfect! But it's the first time for a medallion quilt and the Choose Your Own Adventure QAL was fun to follow. Here's the LINK to Oda May's Choose Your Own Adventure QAL at Moda Bakeshop for you to make your own!!
 You probably don't see the mistakes, but I do and I really don't care! I just chuckle and think "how the heck could I put those arrows on the wrong way?!" I quilted it on friendly little Bernie the Bernina-I don't think I'm getting to be a better quilter, but I sure do like to finish!
 I used almost all fabric on hand too! I only purchased a little bit more of the peach color so I'd have enough for the binding, which does look good I think!
 And here's that backing I got at Helio's in Mt Vernon!
And the glamor shot-it was such a nice day yesterday morning, but the humidity was awful by the afternoon! On to the next project! Christmas is coming!!

1 comment:

Shannon Dario said...

Love love love!