Pages

Saturday, August 11, 2018

Saturday-Time to Get Out There

 So, there was an auction over near Swisher this morning, and they listed a sewing machine and large quantities of fabric. So of course I had to go have a look.
 It was a Wears Auction-so cute little Emily Wears-who is the current auctioneer on Storage Wars on TV, was there working alongside her Dad. Guess I could have gotten a little bit closer...poor photography skills!
 There was a lot of stuff-I wonder how much Black Velvet Jesus went for?
 The person who's estate was being auctioned was crafty-back in the day-remeber Ar-Tex? Paint tubes to draw on fabric?
 And all I can say is, this is when fabric hoarding goes all wrong. All of these bins-plus more on the hay racks, were full of fabric. Vintage fabric. I'd say mostly 1970's. a lot of double knit. Not nice beautiful quality fabric, no, it was almost all the kind you might see in the bargain $1 a yard bin.
 So that was a disappointment, so I didn't stick around to see the sadness. On my way from the auction there was a tractor ride going through! Probably 30 or more tractors out for a ride! Always fun to see! Then I popped over to my work's annual Dividend Day Picnic. Free lunch!
 Then stopped at Costco to get a few things. Look at the score I made on light bulbs!! $2.49 for a box of 6 LED bulbs!! YAY!!
 Then got home and hung some laundry out-Bob helped.  When I was a kid, my Mom hung laundry out on the line and it smelled sooo good. So thinking my laundry would smell that good, I hung it out on my dandy little clothesline-yes I tied it to the fence post-don't judge... But my laundry doesn't smell like anything. Not good or bad, just nothing.
 SO this week, I think I got it figured out. It's not the hanging out that smells good, it's DOWNY!! I didn't use Downy last week, and I did this week and yup-that's the smell I remember!!I thought Global Warming or something was messing with the air. Phew! What a relief!

Then mowed the lawn-it was a little tall-my gardener has been working and otherwise occupied so I had to do it my self. The dogs can find their toys now. Now I'm tired. And Hot.

No comments: