Pages

Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Birthday & Junk

 SO Friday was DD's birthday. Hubby treated us to beverages and supper at the local Coralville American Legion. There was a band and they always serve food when there's a band. Perfect!
 We had a very fun time. It's always nice when the family can get together.
 And yes, we're a bunch of old people, but the band could not be better! They are called Notes from the Underground and they were really good!
 Then on Saturday I woke Darling Daughter up and we went out to the Largest Yard Sale at Sharpless Auction house. I quit going to their weekly auctions because they started charging a 10% buyers premium, but the yard sale can be good. I wanted to find some hooks for coats in the laundry room and we always keep an eye out for the popular green glass.
 There was a wide variety of stuff as always....and since we were in the neighborhood, we popped in to West Branch to visit a couple of shops there.
 223 Vintage is a new shop in West Branch, Iowa. They have quite a range of things.
 It was their grand opening, so they were pretty busy. Up the street are a few more antique shops, so we stopped at them too.
 Winner of the ugliest & largest set of dinnerware I've ever seen! And I also made a quick stop at the quilt shop too! It was a great day indeed!
And bes tof all I got the hooks I wanted at the yard sale. They are doing their job already in the laundry room! Yes, those are my snow boots- a certain grand dog will chew them so.....

No comments: