Pages

Wednesday, February 28, 2024

Aunts and Auctions

So, my TWO remaining Aunts passed away this month. A memorial service was held on Sunday for my Aunt Bev in Florida, and on Saturday a Funeral was held for my Aunt Francie in Iowa. 

I went and picked up my folks to go to the funeral on Saturday, they clean up pretty good don't they?!😊
I was a pallbearer, along with my sister-a first for us! It was a clear beautiful day , but with a cool wind blowing. Aunt Francie chose a pink casket and it was not hard at all to carry her to her final resting place-thanks to the other 5 pallbearers!

Afterwards there was a nice luncheon. Everyone had kind words to say about the cute baby! Jacqueline and Dannie with Dylan had fun at the luncheon-Aunt Francie would have loved it! Rest in peace.

Unfortunately it just wasn't possible to travel to Aunt Bev's service. This is a picture my cousin Kathy posted on her social media. 
Aunt Bev was always such a beautifully turned out person, stylish and with a beautiful smile to top it all off. I'll miss her. Rest in peace.
So the funeral home where Aunt Fracie's service was held is just up the road from the Van Metre Auction House van metre.
They had a Jadeite pitcher that I think my DD would like for her birthday coming up in just a few days! So I traveled back to Marshalltown, to attend the auction!
It's a nice auction house, lots of tables and seating for folks to settle in for the day!
I got the measuring pitcher, and look a lotus plate too!
Shhhh, don't tell her! I doubt she'll read this blog post, so I'm safe I think!







No comments: