Pages

Tuesday, March 5, 2024

Hexagon QAYG

 So, I saw this Video from MSQC and thought it looked really good. SO I ordered the templates and I just took time to give it a little test run.

You use the templates to cut the large background hexagon and the smaller front side, as well as a piece of batting. Then you press the edges up, folding them twice along each edge.

I used a few leftover 10" squares from the Geo Pop layer cake and some scraps of white low volume for the backing. You can see on the back that I flipped up in this picture how the hexagons are all sewn together with a decorative or zig zag stitch.
This little table runner took me most of an afternoon-like 5 hours or so.
SO, I'm not sure about doing a whole quilt.  The runner is pretty cute, but each hexagon take a little bit of fussing and so that takes time. I'll think about it.




No comments: