Pages

Thursday, February 8, 2024

Finishing January, on to February

 Gosh! It's almost the middle of February already! 

I got the last of the January/Christmas decor put away. I'm up to 3 Christmas pyramids.
I love this large wooden tree pyramid, I got it at an estate sale last summer. 
I felt like leaving them out until Feb this year.
The two little ones are old favorites.
And I emptied the BOWL. I's ready for the next thing I think of to fill it with.
And the little snowmen are all put away too. 
So when I went to Chicago last month I stayed in a really nice hotel, called ECM2. Look ! The shower is in the room!
When you pull the curtains around the shower, there is artwork on the inside so when you're in the shower it's pretty.
The hotel has all the latest technology too. Even Alexa in the room and even the TV knows me.
It's a really nice room! The hotel is all about the science and technology.

This was a first for me. The elevators don't have buttons inside,  
the buttons are outside, and you select your floor then the appropriate elevator comes to you!
See that horn shaped thing in this picture....

Here's a closer look. It took me a few minutes to figure it out, but, you put your phone in the box at the top and the sound is amplified so you can hear it throughout the room.

Anyways, I also went to the hotel restaurant, called the Albert...like Albert Einstein.....for breakfast before I had to be over at Northwestern University.
I had really GOOD french toast.
Here's the restaurant, 
And the kitchen is right in the dining room. They don't have menus, you have to scan the QR code to see the menu.
Anyway, that was fun. I did a TaDat scan for the Parkinson's research group at Northwestern.
I had a little time so I walked around like a tourist looking at all the cool stores, the university is only a block from Michigan avenue, where the other half shops I guess-the Nike store, there was a Nieman Marcus, Rolex, Tiffany's, it was pretty cool. 
I had time for a delicious burrito at Tall Boy Taco. YUM, and they are a cashless place, if you don't have plastic, you're out of luck. I like visiting the big city. 
And here's the last of the January pictures of Dylan. We got him a bouncer/walker. I need a safe place to put him. 
I can't hold him ALL day!

Such a cutie.



And Now I'll get going on February posting!



No comments: