Pages

Friday, August 12, 2016

The Final Stitch!!

 SO, I think I have finished all the sewing for the upcoming wedding! I know! right? The 4 little girl gray dresses are now hemmed! Look how nice that looks!
 So I had thought I was going to make the taffeta and the lace the same length, but I had some feedback that said the lace should be a little bit longer...so, OK I can do that.
 I just used my rotary cutter to cut the lace smoothly and neatly about an inch longer than the taffeta.
 Easy peasy!
 I hemmed the taffeta layer with the tiniest little hems.
 I used the trick I learned from the internet...just press the hem where you want it to be then sew as close to the edge as you can, then trim the excess fabric away as close to the stitching as possible then turn it over one last time! See how I move the needle over to the right as far as I can, that way the presser foot can grab well, and I can sew close to the edge.

 I love those tiny little hems! I also finished up the addition of the corset back to the loveliest Cait's dress. I think she will look so beautiful in this dress!
 I added the "modesty panel"...you can hardly tell, I finally found some fabric in a really close match in color and made the panel out of that. Now I don't know which color ribbon will be the final look, gray or blue? Hard to tell but I'm sure either way it will look great!!!

No comments: