Pages

Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Pinterest Winner, Winner Potluck Dinner

 SO, Sunday was the annual family reunion potluck lunch, so I ,of course, sought out a pinterest idea for a great dish. The rule is always this-make something you like, that way if nobody eats it you're not stuck with something icky. SO sliders seem to be the latest in food trends, Here's the link to the recipe from Land O Lakes.
It took longer to assemble these little things than it did to bake and eat them! I used both Swiss and American slices, 1/4 of each, and 1.5 slices of ham for each sandwich. Easy as can be. I changed the recipe and used 2 Tablespoons of honey instead of brown sugar in the butter sauce.  I tucked them snugly in the pan and drizzled the melted honey butter over the top and put them in the fridge overnight.
I made a pan for mom & dad too. They were a hit at the pot luck! I only had maybe 4 of them left-we had a pretty small turnout or I think they would all have been gone! I'm so glad to have a pinterest win!!

No comments: