Pages

Saturday, November 19, 2016

Off of the Fabric Shelf!

 So, I'm not really much of a fabric hoarder. I usually only buy fabric if I have a project for it. But sometimes I am given some fabric......like this really cool black and white totally mid century modern style upholstery fabric. It was cut into 8 pieces so I decided to make them into grocery tote bags. It is cool fabric and now it's out of my fabric shelf.
 Then there's this cute travel print-honestly I didn't buy it, I'm sure I didn't! But here it is, so I stitched it up into a couple of pillowcases for the spare room. That dark red color is a scrap I had in the bin, so now that's off of my shelf too! And it looks really good with the blues on that bed!
And last there's this polar bear border print. I think it was in a pile of fabrics that was used in pillowcases for the ConKerr Cancer donation. There was just "bear"ly enough of it to make this Christmas Tree skirt from the magazine called Quilts & More.
I used scraps to make the star corner blocks and now those bears will be under the tree one of these Christmases or under someone else's tree! At any rate that fabric is off my shelf. Still a few more pieces to go, but making good progress with the time I have.

No comments: