Pages

Friday, March 31, 2017

At Last

 I've been having a terrible time getting my phone to give me my pictures so I can post them on the blog here. I hope I have it fixed now!
Anyways. Last weekend I went to the Shelter House Book Sale out at the Johnson County Iowa Fairgrounds.
 The book sale is a big fundraiser for Shelter House which is the charity that funds the homeless and at risk shelters.  Was there ever a LOT of BOOKS!! I try to contain my self. I only bought 3, this one to read to Ringo!
 I also have almost finished a baby quit for one of DD's dear friends. She is having a baby girl one of these days. I used the Missouri Star Quilt Company tutorial to make these cute X blocks-see like kisses!




Then I had to decide which way to make the border....
 I went with the tiny heart stripes...then I headed out to the garage to spray baste the sandwich together. See what I did? I couldn't get a very good picture, but I pinned it to a pallet that has been taking up space out there, and then sprayed it while it was hanging there!

This was by far the easiest spray basting I have EVER done. I'm going to figure out a way to do this with bigger quilts too!! Vertical is the way to go!
Anyways now I just have to quilt and bind it, then it's ready to go!



There now Let's see if I can get pictures for my next post!!

No comments: