Pages

Monday, April 3, 2017

Weekend With Bernina

 
So Bernie the Bernina was having issues so I took her to my Favorite Bernina Technician, Rex, over at the Marshalltown Sewing Center. The best part about going to see Rex is there is usually a motley crew of guitar players there....because in addition to sewing machines at the Sewing Center, Rex sells guitars. A lot of guitars.
I'm not sure if he sells more guitars or sewing machines, but it's always fun to go see what's going on there...and this time he has free popcorn! SO then Mom and I made our way over to Ankeny to see about acquiring some fabric. Sadly they had indeed closed the Hancock's there too.  But we had lunch and still managed to do a little shopping. Bernie is all fixed now so I can finish this baby quilt.
 Doesn't it look good! All those cute pink kiss X's.

 ANd Disney princesses on the back-the Mommy to be is a fan.
 I did a swirly circle kind of design with Bernie.....
 and loopy de loops around the border. All washed and ready to go!
And the best part, after dropping Mom off I stopped at the Maid Rite to have a treat!  

No comments: