Pages

Saturday, August 19, 2017

Row By Row Expereince FINISH!

Row By Row 2017     
  SO I collected block patterns for rows from as many of the quilt shops as I could while we were on vacation. Hubs was very patient while I hurried through shops in almost every state!

 SO I got started with one of my favorite shops-the people there were so nice and it was a great little shop in Manteo NC. I ran the fabric for the banner through my computer printer, it says, On the Go 2017-That's the theme.
 I had more than my share of applique to do. This van pattern is from Cotton Cottage Quilts in Valparaiso Indiana-
 Notice the Popcorn trailing behind the van? As the lady at the shop told me, "We always have popcorn in our block"...You know why, right? Yes because Valparaiso is the home of Orville Redinbacher!
 Here's Barney Fife's patrol car from the Creative Sewing Machine Shop in Mt Airey NC.
 
It took me awhile to figure out a layout for this mish mash of blocks!
 I couldn't decide which other block should go vertical-the red & turquoise block is the pattern from Heritage Handwork in Amana or the turquoise arrows from Home Ec Workshop in Iowa City.
That block from the Quilt In A Day shop in Paducah was pretty boring, but I changed one of the cars to a white car sort of like our Kia! I added the highway signs too, that looks a lot better!
 The sailboat block from Sara's Thimble in Virginia Beach VA had to have a partner!
 This is the crazy block from Expressions in Threads in Le Claire, Iowa. It was a nightmare to complete! It had so many tiny patchwork pieces! 
Most of the patterns were a single page or maybe two pages, this block had 22 pages!
 This block about made me crazy! What kind of sadistic person uses 3/4" blocks to snowball a 1" square for headlights!?!? It also included ideas on how to include battery powered lights to it!
 Anyways, I settled on this layout-with the sailboat and the Home Ec arrows on the vertical sides.
 I pieced the license plates that I purchased at some of the shops that had them available into the vacant spaces-that worked out really well! I quilted it with a variegated green thread that looks really good too!
 And here it is all finished!
 I used a green print from Riley Blake on the back along with a hunk of sunglasses print I bought at one of the shops-I sure don't remember where though!
 And the binding is also Riley Blake called hashtag that I bought in Valparaiso. SO I worked as fast as I could because the deal is, if you are the first to bring your completed quilt into your favorite local shop you can win a prize of 25 fat quarters!
 And here's my prize from Home Ec Workshop in Iowa City Iowa.  I chose some fat quarters and also some yardage and they gave me a bonus-A Riley Blake magnetic pin bowl for using their block in my finished quilt!
Well that was fun! And now I have a whole pile of new fabric to work with!

No comments: