Thursday, May 3, 2018

A Little Quilt finish

So, I mentioned that Mama Klux had given me a little  pile of fabric to use when she moved. 
 There were 6 panels of this little puppy kitty print-vintage from the 80's I'd guess. SO I thought I'd turn it into a quilt for the church bazaar coming up in October. I trimmed off the ugly edge prints.
 I made some of those easy star blocks to go with and give it a scrappy look. I think it helps it not look so dated. I'm planning to have this be toddler bed/crib size. Here's the layout-I also used the border print for the star center squares-the puppies and kitties are pretty cute!
 I also used those dreaded cornerstone borders. I have a hard time getting them to match up, but I must be getting better because these came out pretty good!
 I used a big meandering quilting design and I also used a different batting this time.
 I was at Hobby Lobby and they had needled poly batting, so I thought I'd give it a try. Bob said it was OK.
 See I used the border print on the back side too. And I used a dark print for the binding. It looks great! So the whole thing was completed from stash/scrap fabrics! YAY!
 And after a wash it looks great! I didn't know what to expect with the poly batting, but I like it a lot.
 It still has the same crinkly goodness as when I used the cotton batting. I used my coupon at H.L. and the regular price for the batting is only $3.99/yd!! What a good deal!!
Next up, I have a couple of Doll panels that Mama Klux also gave me. My Mom made some of these same panels for DD when she was a little girl!

No comments: