Pages

Friday, June 29, 2018

Grampa's Movies

So while on Cousin's vacation, I had a chance to take a look at some 8mm movies that had been taken back in the day, and had been transferred to VHS tape. Luckily, a VHS player was available! 
 Being the not-much-of-a-genius that I am I wanted to get it transferred to a DVD, but wasn't able to do that.
 But these are pictures of the video as it was playing.....
 Not the greatest, but I can tell you that the adorable baby in the bouncer is me...so cute, such a happy baby, cute as can be!!!
 Oh, yeah, that's my brother and sister in there too.....

Not sure where this movie was taken, but likely it was my Grampa running the camera.
 Apparently he knew a cute baby when he saw one too.
 The video spanned quite a few years, and the cousins and I had fun identifying people and places from our childhood. Lots of camping. fishing. family reunions, picnics and local events.
 I don't recommend  pictures of TV screens, but I had to give it a try.
The 8mm movies were really interesting to watch. We determined that my Grampa was a storm chaser before there was such a thing because there was footage from a local ice storm, and from a tornado, and from other weather related incidents. Hopefully the VHS version can be converted some time.

No comments: