Pages

Sunday, July 22, 2018

July 4th Roundup

 Yes, I'm a little bit behind. I was so intent on completing the Row by Row quilt, I kind of neglected blogging! Anyways, it was so HOT at the Coralville 4th of July parade, it was a relief to go to little , small town, Oxford parade, where the shade is pretty easy to come by!
 The family was in attendance!
 Bean and DD along with the current-then, now ex BF.
Not many horses in the parade this year-probably a good thing, given the heat. 
In the course of the holiday festivities, I had a couple of my favorite lawn chairs need repairs.
So I got out my trusty little awl. I know-how old fashioned! But effective!!
 
 
 The seat threads  had given away, but the fabric was still fine. SO I just stitched it back together.
 Notice how one side is a lot neater then the other side? Well, one does get better the more one uses the awl!
The other chair was made of different fabric and it had torn, so I needed to replace the fabric
 The real trick was figuring out how to keep things in place while manipulating the chair under the sewing machine needle.
 It was a wee bit tricky. I propped the chair frame on the ironing board while I got the fabric lined up under the needle. Not the easiest thing to do!
It could be a little less saggy, but I think it will do for now.  I think I'll stick with the awl method next time!

No comments: