Pages

Saturday, June 1, 2019

Quick-The Rain Stopped!

 SO the gutters were overflowing! Lucky for me, the dogs got me up early on Friday. SO before it got too hot, I got the ladder out to get the gutters flowing again.
 They were just packed with the seeds/helicopters from the maple tree. I thought I was so smart to put those screens in the downspouts, but they just clogged the whole thing up-out they go! The gutters with no screens in them were dry and just needed a quick handful of helicopters/seeds tossed out!
 Standing on the ladder always makes my feet hurt-glad that job is done! Now off to work!
 Then, on Saturday I went to get an oil change-had to wait awhile, so strolled down the pathway by the Iowa River.
 The river is pretty high in Iowa City, but not as bad as it has been in past years. Hopefully the rain will hold off for a few days now.
 SO far so good-two days with very little rain in our area!
And the peonies are finally blooming! The rain has been beating them down a little but they sure do look pretty!


No comments: