Pages

Sunday, December 6, 2020

And All the Sudden it's December!


Thanksgiving was pre4tty low key around here. I had to have pickles on a platter-it's not a holiday without that!  
Hubs did a turkey breast and DD came over and we had stuffing and green bean casserole too. 

And some King's Hawaiian rolls too. 
Hubs was working hard in the kitchen-I just stand clear!
And the first clue of the Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt along is complete.  Tons of Half square triangles.  The next clue came out Friday and I'm deep into it now.
Since I had time, I cleared out the scrap batting drawer-it was totally stuffed. I cut all the scraps into 2" strips and rolled them up so I could make another jelly roll rug.  A certain dog chewed the heck out of the laundry room rug, so I thought I'd make one to replace it. 

I got all the scraps of 2 1/2" strips from the scrap bin-funny how I got a lot out, but the basket doesn't look auy emptier at all!
I made one of these rugs a years or two ago and it's held up wonderfully in the bathroom. SO here we go....
I think , just a little bit bigger.....
There! All done. A little bit wavy, but I washed it and laid it down to dry and smooshed it out flat. It looks pretty good! Now I need to get busy with Christmas stuff. 






 

No comments: