Pages

Sunday, January 31, 2021

Baby Quilt and Snow Removal...Is it June yet?

 
So,, I fifnished this sweet little baby quilt-it finished about 45" square. The little heart log cabin blocks are cute as can be!

The pattern is free from Sew Can She. com HERE

I used up almost all of what little I had of scraps in neutral. The blue letter print was a scrap I got in a scrap bag from over at the Brooklyn Fabric Company.
I backed it with some Faux Minky-they call it Soft & Minky, from Joann. I had planned to use this blue/green Soft & Minky on another project, but I purchased the wrong amount and didn't want to piece it, so this turned out to be perfect!
A quick meander with pretty turquoise thread and this is a one day and done project! I've been so pleased with the free motion quilting stitches on my Lyric machine. I adjusted the presser foot pressure-even thought the feed dogs are dropped, and it makes all the difference! 
Perfect stitches on both top and bottom with no fussy with anything !

OK Here's the before picture-We had more snow overnight.

Here's the during picture-It's actually fun to snow blow if it's not cold and windy.

And here's the after picture. The pine tree out front always looks so pretty. All clear for now. I kind of hope we don't get a lot more snow in February! 

No comments: