Pages

Friday, April 23, 2021

Testing, Testing

 

So I got this little tool at the quilters market a few weeks ago and took it for a test drive. It's just a square of plexiglass with lines and little rubber feet that elevate it over the seam line. It's called the Mini Twister-it comes in several sizes-but I chose this one. 
You essentially make a quilt then cut it up. See, I sewed all the 4 patch squares and then cut them using the tool. It leaves a lot of waste. I didn't really like it. Yes, it's a pretty nifty looking block, but it's like sewing two quilts and only getting one!
So it is a pretty block-you di have to keep them in the order that you cut them out too,  though and that was hard for me. I just used some scraps from the bin to do this little practice bit.
It's just a little-placemat size-maybe 12"X14" or so.I practiced a little bit of free motion, and I like the way it turned out. But I don't like the waste and I don't like the process of putting blocks together then cutting them up. But this is a nice placemat and now I know.

Probably no more Twister blocks for me!
Yesterday was also my Brother's funeral. He's been placed at the Iowa Veteran's Cemetery. It was really a very nice little service. Just very hard to believe he's gone.


No comments: