Pages

Saturday, September 11, 2021

It's A Plan

It's good to have a plan, right?
SO I wanted to make another work shirt quilt. Every year during the United Way Campaign at work they have a silent auction. I made a shirt quilt a couple of years ago, and thought I'd do another one.
We got new uniform shirts at work, we're not champions of change anymore.
SO I used light interfacing and cut the embroidered motifs off of all 10 of my shirts.
I had 5 black and 5 hi visibility yellow.

Here it is on the garage door being spray basted.
It was a very sunny afternoon.
I should have made shadow pictures.....
I'm not sure I'm in love with this quilt. But I like it well enough.
I did a big meander job on this one because I used minky for the back. I've noticed people really like the soft stuff on the backs.
The fabric is kind of fun. It's from a couple of years ago-the all Iowa Shop Hop, and it has all the counties in Iowa printed on it.
I really came out good. Not exactly stylish or anything, but very cozy!
I hope it will bring a good price for the United Way!

No comments: