Pages

Thursday, November 16, 2023

Just Keep Going......

 

Dad was moved into the Rehab Facility in Ames yesterday. hopefully, he will be able to regain some of what the stroke took away.  I snapped this picture as we were waiting for the drivers to come load him up for transfer. 

Meanwhile......

I got my Iowa State Fair Quilt back from my Longarmer. 

I used the Iowa State Fair fabrics from the All Iowa Shop Hop 2023. Debbie Heckert at Happiness by Design quilting in Mt Vernon, did the great looking quilting.
I made the scrappy neutral border from a bunch of the older Shop Hop fabrics.
Here's part of the backside, I pieced it wilt the remainders of the panel. But you can see the quilting a little better.


It's a very busy quilt with the paper pieced stars and the colorful midway print fabric.

It was nice out so I went outside to get a better picture of it.



Yo8u can see the pieced back a lot better here.



And the quilting really makes the quilt look so good!
Even Spiderman likes it!
And I had breakfast with this guy and Dannie & Dylan.
Drew is pretty good for a kid, he's always cheerful! We went to Bluebird in North Liberty, because I have a gift card from there.....
I still have a gift card from there because I forgot to use it and paid cash....DUH!!!!!
Dilly was styling in his little suspenders and jeans!

No comments: