Pages

Tuesday, November 28, 2023

Still Catching Up Thanksgiving Edition

 Dad is still in the rehab facility in Ames. he is coming along pretty well and will get kicked out on Friday, because Medicare only pays for two weeks. He'll probably go home and have some folks come to their house to continue therapy. He's talking a lot better and he is walking a bit, but has very poor balance. Hoping for the best!

So, on the weekend of the 17th we went on the Rural Road Trip. It's basically a shop hop of all the local small town junk/gift/decor shops.

Off of I80, that used to be a pretty vibrant tourist area, is the Artisans Gallery. 
DD, and Drew and little Dilly made the journey on a nice Friday!
We also made stops in South English, Oxford, Keota and Williamsburg. 
DD is multitasking here!
We had a good time and saw a lot of Christmas stuff!

We baby sat for this little guy on Sunday the 19th.
He was a very good baby.
And look at this cute hat that Auntie Jean got for him! 
And then there was Thanksgiving. We just had a simple meal, nothing fancy this year.
Every time, I put the leaves in this table I am reminded of my grandparents who owned this table before me. When we were all kids it was in their house and I can remember lots of activities and meals at this table. 
Hubs cook a beautiful turkey
And I made pineapple upside down cake and thawed a couple of pies.
We had a good dinner and all the kids were able to come for at least a little while!
Kevin continues to be best pals with Ringo!
Ben showed Dannie a few tricks on Pokemon Go!
And Dilly just soaked it all in with Daddy.

So cute in his little Spiderman shirt and tiny jeans!
And catching these 4 in one place!
I told them to open their eyes and close their mouths!!

So they did!!LOL!
Hailey, Baby Dylan, Hayden and Drew, so photogenic!

On the quilting side of things, the Bonnie K Hunter Mystery Quilt A Long begins on Friday. I haven't committed to the colors I like yet.

I don't know about that reddish shade.....
Here are the colors the Designer, Bonnie K. Hunter has chosen.
And here is her inspiration fabric. She has named this years mystery Indigo Way.
We'll see what I settle on later. 
I did finish one, but I'm not very happy with it.

It's OK, but it is a weird size. 
I do like the blue with the panels though.
Oh well, can't be great every time I guess. 

No comments: