Pages

Saturday, July 30, 2022

Baby Quilt Inventory

SO Still kicking around in the HAIRY boot.  SO I put some borders on these two cute panels.

Then out to the garage door for some spray basting.
I'm using up a bunch of scrap batting for these two. I'm out of batting!
I did the two borders a little different on each one. I struggle with the crooked edges on these prints. But they're sure cute and trendy.

There's a tiny grid on the background of the picture, so I decided to do a straight line grid on one of the panels. 
I used the crayola washable marker to make the lines, and then used my walking foot to quilt it.
The other panel I just did my favorite meandering quilting. I pieced the backing on one of them and the other I used some darker gray that I had on hand.

The binding looks really good too!
One with grid and one with meandering. 
Now off to the washer! But OOPS! I didn't use any detergent at all and look!
The marker didn't wash out! YIKES! In it goes for another go round with some Tide! Phew, all good, it washed out fine. And here they are all washed and ready to gift.



Now let's see, what else can I get used up from my stash-that is overflowing my shelves.
Oh yeah, this cute Red Riding Hood fabric I got shop hopping, I think, last year! Look one print with the cute Red Riding Hood pictures is from Dear Stella and the story in words I'm using is from RJR Fabrics. 
I'm using a pattern I got shop hopping THIS year called BQ4 from  Maple Island Quilts . Their line of BQ quilt patterns are really easy and fast to make and use a bigger block so you don't cut up cool prints into tiny bits. 
See Bob there, helping?

And out to the garage door for spray basting!
This is a really modern design-I really like it a lot. 
If I had a higher contrast between the two Red Riding hood prints, I might like it even more. 

I'll probably make this one again-maybe in the bigger size-the pattern has multiple size and layout variations.

I liked this story print with the whole story on it, but I wanted to make sure I got the whole story on the quilts so I put it going the long way on the back! It's cute!
The binding looks good, I had to use a bit of the word print to have enough for the binding. 
And out to the tree for a big photo. 
Good looking quilt!

I just did the easy peasy meandering again on this one. 

If I was more patient today I might have free motioned a more boxy shape, but I wasn't in the mood for it.  And here's the back! It looks good and you can read the story!

That's all for baby quilts for awhile. I'll be ready for the next time I need to have a gift! Now what next?







 

No comments: