Pages

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Magic Potholders

DD wanted matching potholders. I told her Peg at my favorite quilt shop Common Threads Quilt Shoppe     had these really cute potholders for their Christmas quick gifts dealio a while back and I could make them for her.

 So she picked two fabrics and I went to town!
 Really though? Who needs 10 potholder? And I wish I could make a potholder to cover the
poor girl's eyebrows!!LOL she has a few issues cooking sometimes.
They really are like magic and soooo fast to make. It takes longer to cut the fabrics than it does
to sew them up!
 This one was the last one, I had some scraps left and they were just a little shy of the 9" size
so I just faked it! Pretty cute with a little square peeking through!
The idea is to layer in this order:
8or9 inch square right side DOWN
1 or 2 layers of batting-I used one of cotton batting (warm & natural)
& 1 of insul-brite
8 or 9 inch square right side UP
4 8 or 9 inch squares, folded in half &  pressed and woven
over each other-raw edges to the outside edge
Sew the around the edge of the whole bunch together about 
a 1/4" seam allowance, pinning as needed
Trim the edges close to the stitching
Turn the whole pile right side out and TA DA!!! giver it a little press and
top stitch around the edge-I went about 1" from the edge.
For circles use 10 or 10 1/2" circles-same process.

No comments: