Pages

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Wall Hanging part 2


So my Wonderful cousin Robin was kinda disappointed that she didn't get the wall hanging, after the game for the gift exchange was changed(I hope we leave it the old way next year!!!) I decided another one could be done....


 But this one has a little bonus. See when I got the button can that had belonged to my Grandma, I right away went through them. There were a lot of them! Anyways there was this little token in there and so I thought I'd add it to the wall hanging for Robin. At Christmas we were talking about when this picture was taken and they figured in the 40's and sure enough when I googled the Midwest Transit Line (that's what's on the token) they operated in Ames from 1944 to about 1952. And Mom mentioned that Grandma had worked in Ames in the 40's while Grandpa was overseas. I love it when it all fits together!!




 I think I like this one a little better than the 1st one, it's much simpler and really focuses on the photo since there aren't any quilt blocks like the other one. I kinda felt like Robin might be able to fit a smaller one in here home a little better too. I'm going to get it in the mail tomorrow.

No comments: