Pages

Friday, June 16, 2023

The $1300 Bowl

SO here it is! I got my retirement gift!
P&G allows retirees to select a gift from a wide variety of items. There are clocks, and golf clubs, and jewelry, and home decor things, it's a lot to choose from. 
I chose this Lismore Diamond Waterford Crystal Bowl. Here's a link to the Waterford home page, https://www.waterford.com 
I LOVE it. When you tap the edge with your fingernail it rings in such a pretty musical way.
It weighs a lot...probably 10-15 pounds. I'm thinking I'll fill it with ornaments at Christmas time, and then become one of those people who decorate for the seasons. Easter eggs, flowers, flags, fruit, I can fill this big bowl with all kinds of things! 
I've been telling my family, "When I die, don't sell this at a yard sale for 50 cents. I have plenty of 50cent glass, but this is NOT one of them!"

Now if I only knew what to do with this thing! It's huge too! About 8"X10"...and stands on a little stand. 


 

No comments: