Pages

Sunday, July 23, 2023

Running Through July!


 Where does the time go! The meadow next door is already on the 2nd cutting of hay!

I've started working on the Bjorn Bear quilt for our little Gummy Bear. I chose fabrics while I was out shop hopping in the colors of gummy bears, did you know the original Haribo gummy bears only come in 5 colors? Red, orange, green, yellow and clear. 
It's an Elizabeth Hartman pattern, so there are a ton of tiny pieces. But it's so cute! Here's the link to the pattern Link
I had to make 12 bears! I'm sure glad I didn't make the bigger quilt option!
Here's the first one! It takes a little over 2 hours for me to get one bear cut out and sewn. Cutting is the real time taker on these little guys!
Iris is always so helpful.

Every time I lay out the blocks she comes running in to help!

Thanks loads Iris.
Here we go, all spray basted on the garage door. 



Ooo those Bears are cute!

That little bear with glasses is adorable!


Ok ready to quilt! I'm thinking something more squarish than my usual meandering. So Square meandering! With a nice soft faux minky backing. 
SO cute! All done and out on the porch for pictures!

Loving those bears, and I think DD will love them too!
Those cute bees on the soft backing, get it? Bears and Bees and honey? SO cute!
On the 11the Pa fell down at the Legion and we thought he broke a hip or something. After 3 hours in the VA ER, they determined that he's just clumsy and nothing was broken. Just badly bent. 
Thank goodness! And DD came with the kids and they mowed my lawn for me! Look at her mowing like a boss, with little gummy bear along for the ride HAHA!
Just a few more days left in July! Wonder if little gummy bear will wait for August?

No comments: