Pages

Tuesday, July 25, 2023

Baby Shower

 So, it's just a few weeks until D & Andrew will increase their herd by one.  My dear cousin Robin, along with her mom, Aunt Francie, hosted a baby shower for the Mom to be at Francie's residence at The Willows Care Center. The Willows is a very nice home for folks in assisted living and memory care. 

Dannie with her friend Lieshia, they;ve been friends since middle school, so glad her Mom and her made it!
Robin made the most of the BLUE theme! These giant cupcakes were all that! She also provided a really nice spread of snacks and finger food, including gummy bears!

The big kids were perfect!
I was excited to catch them all in one frame!
Here's one of Aubt Francie, and Grandma with DD and Jean too!

Andrew's Gramma, my cousin Karen, Andrew's cousin and two of his Aunts. 
Nice Crown!
DD, Lovely Jean and my sister Julie.
That blue frosting was already wreaking havoc!
We played a couple of fun shower games-nice and traditional-The Price is Right game was very fun!
Here's the typical Robin, packing up a couple of gifts.....
Just in time for them to be opened!
Opening gifts, 
The big kids helped show the goodies and they hauled it all out to the car when it was time to go! They are really the best helpers!
This embroidered quilt was made for Andrew when he was a baby, his Gramma saved it for him, it was really beautifully done, and I LOVE the verse from the Beatles song, Golden Slumbers, 
Golden slumbers fill your eyes.
Smiles awake you when you rise;
Sleep, pretty darling, do not cry,
And I will sing a lullaby.
More gifts, 
More gifts, 
more gifts, Oh the Gummy Bear Quilt! I'm partial, but I still love it!
More gifts, 
These little goodie bags were chocolate from Lilie May's Candy. They are a favorite with all chocolate lovers! See the blue gummy bear!
Trying to get my Mom to sit for a picture is impossible! 
My cousin Shannon along with my Mom and DD.
It's a talent!
Such a fun time. I had a wonderful time meeting all the new family members and wow what a lot extremely generous gifts! DD got a ton of clothes at least 4 quilts, a high chair, a crib, diaper bags, all kinds of supplies and so many nice things! It was sure a beautiful time!

No comments: