Pages

Sunday, October 15, 2023

It Was A Great Birthday.

 So, in addition to being my birthday last week, it's the Mystery in the Heartland Shop Hop. Only 8 shops and solve the puzzle of who used Mrs. Claus's scissors on paper. 

SO I took the day of my birthday to driver around Southeastern Iowa and buy fabric! I made a chart to figure out WHO DUNNIT?!
What could be better? I had already made two stops in Kalona, earlier in the week. SO I just had Two in Muscatine, Two in Burlington and One in Mount Pleasant and one in LeClaire. That LeClaire one is really out of the way, but I figured I'd hit them up, they are a shop with new owners at the same location that used to be a fabric shop a few years ago. Then I was planning to go to Hayden's last football game of the season down in Ft Madison! Sounds like a road trip!

Look at this little gummy bear.....

SO I took off and headed for LeClaire first, then over to Muscatine, then over to Mt Pleasant then complete the hop in Burlington. Not exactly a straight route, but I got it done!
A little something from each shop, I now have plenty of projects!       
Best of all, Burlington has a Sonic, so birthday deliciousness! 
And I made it to the football game too!
These guys were waiting for me, I was a couple of minutes late, but the Sonic stop was worth it!
Hayden's Team won so they finish the season with only one loss! YAY!
I got home and remembered I had to gift myself and Look at the gorgeous flowers I got from Hubs and the kids. 
And this is the pretty box that Hands Jewelers put my earrings in. I bought them when I picked up my fabulous Retirement Ring, and saved them for my birthday.
SO pretty, I just love them! Who knew that I'd love these diamonds as much as I do?! 
But the most impressive present came from Bean. They brought over this box while I was gone shop hopping, and came over the next day and set it up.

All I can say is WOW! I was skeptical, but not any more! This little robot, I named her Rosie, does a great job and gets all the dog hair from around the chairs and I don't have to do anything but empty her bin! It's just a great little robot!

Ringo is not so sure about it, but I sure do like it! She goes from the hard floor to the carpet and under the beds and just about everywhere!
SO it was a great 64th birthday!

No comments: