Pages

Sunday, October 8, 2023

An In Person Auction

 So, there was an in person auction just up the road from us, so I had to go check it out. It was run by 5 Star Auctions from over in Wellman...or Kalona, some where over there.....

They had a big tent set up and sooo many tables of stuff!
OOOO, ornaments!
Look! A P&G suitcase!

I think it was 6 hay racks of out door stuff...no anvil.

It was chilly on the Saturday-I took these pictures on Friday, at the preview.  Everyone was pretty bundled up on Saturday it was windy and only about 50 outside.
Look at all those lunch boxes, and there were more in boxes under the tables too!

OOo, a Singer 221, in really good condition. I think I'll bid on that!

So much stuff!! I got out bid on the Singer 221, I quit at $175 and the old lady I was against got it for $180, I think.

I came home with TWO cake plates and a Santa Claus! Santa will be great out front this Christmas!
And those ornaments too! I'm sure I overpaid for them,. but after waiting in the cold all day, I wasn't going home without them!!

Interesting tops on the ornaments.
And this cake plate is so pretty, it's light pink and come to find out it's like milk glass, called Jeanette, and worth about $50 on ebay! So good deal for me, I got it for $5.
It was fun to go to a live auction at last! It was a long wait for the Christmas ornaments, but I was determined that I would have them! 


No comments: