Pages

Saturday, September 30, 2023

Home Ownership......

 SO, DD had to go to an appointment, it was going to be a looong time, so I got to watch this little fella!


He's growing along just fine.

And starting to learn all kinds of new things! Anyways, that's all the fun I had......chores need to be done!

One of our smoke detectors started beeping, so I went to get some 9V batteries, it's not a size I have in my Battery Buddy. I went to Batteries and Bulbs, and the fella there suggested I try the lithium batteries. They cost about $2 more per battery, but are supposed to last 10 years. 
I'm glad I changed all 5 of them and hopefully, I won't have to do it for 10years!
Out in the back yard, I have a fence post that got damaged and broke the post cap that holds the top rai; in place. 
I'm going to need some leverage to get this on! I called my Darling Ben, he said he would stop over, but I got to thinking......
If I put a tie down strap to the tree at the right angle........

And hooked enough tie downs together to get to the post......
I should be able to pull it over to catch the new post cap.......

TA DA! Little Red Hen strikes again! Ringo helped.
Now, I didn't notice how badly bent the top rail was, so I'll have to get a new one of those.
I used the push mower to mow the hill, I hope for the last time this year.
The battery lawn mower sure is easy to use. It's lighter and simple to run, push one button and off you go! That's enough chores for me!

No comments: