Pages

Thursday, September 28, 2023

Shop Hopping on the Highway From Hell

 SO I decided to take a little drive and hit up some shops for the All Missouri Shop Hop. Missouri has 100 participating shops!! YIKES, I'll be happy to get 5. Anyways Hubs said he'd ride along too for the heck of it and so we loaded up the dog and off we went! 

I figured it would be a pretty easy drive to get at least 5, maybe a few more shops on the North East Region. Down to Hannibal, then on Hwy 36 to hit some more. Then back home towards the shop in Lancaster. We'd see how time went. 

I got a lot of great things! We hit 11 out of 13 in the region, time just ran out for us, so we headed for home. 

I also got a roll of batting from Batting By the Roll in Hannibal. Nice shop!
See this map? It shows you hwy11, the shortest route to go home, Google maps routed us this way. Hwy11 runs between Brookfield (nice Shop there-Huffmeier Fine Pine, I could have spent more time there, but....) and Kirksville......Now I just have to say I think 11 is not the correct name for this highway. It should be at least 666 or the highway from Hell. This highway is hillier than any rollercoaster! I had to stop to puke 3 times! Yes, PUKE, not vomit, not nauseous, but puke! I was not prepared with an advance dose of Dramamine, I was miserable, how do you get off a highway when there's no where else to go to get home!?!! No big surprise we were delayed by an automobile accident, ha! imagine that on this road from hell. The police had it all under control, but I bet it happens a lot on this hilly curvy road.

 
We finally got to Hwy 63-Thank you Jesus!, filled the truck with gas, got a Sprite and some crackers and made it the rest of the way home. SO here's my advice, avoid hwy 11, the highway from hell at all costs. At any rate, I think we're done messing around in Missouri. No more Shop Hopping for ME!!

No comments: