Pages

Saturday, October 21, 2023

The Little Ghost Who Was A Quilt Quilt.

So, all the trend on the Quilting internet is the cute story called, The Little Ghost Who Was A Quilt by Riel NasonByron Eggenschwiler (Illustrator) . And the thing to do is to make a quilt, like the story book. See the eyes and the little ghost smile? I just free motion quilted the eyes and smile before I basted it together. It looks pretty good and I figured it would be more durable than spray basting.

SO, I cut up some scraps into 5" squares along with a few odd squares from the shop hop a few years ago. I used some scraps of the bumpy faux Minky for the backing. Kids always like the fluffy backing. 
And here it is on the garage door for a little spray basting. And see the little ghost eyes and little smile? 
And here we are all done quilting.  It's about 70" square, so big enough for even the big kids to get cozy if they want.
I got a little bit fancy, I quilted in the title of the book. 
See, here's a close up of the word ghost.

And see the words.......
All done with cute Jason Yenter fabric for the binding and a quick wash!  And I ordered the book from Amazon for the Mask Kids. 

I hope they enjoy the cute story of the little Ghost Who Was A  Quilt and get cozy in the quilt too!

No comments: