Pages

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Less Than One Hour

I saw this blog post awhile back on Delia Creates. Delia Creates here.
I knew it would come in handy at some point with Halloween right around the corner. So Uber Son called and asked if I could make a superhero cape for his girlfriend's sisters little girl.  Like any good super hero...Oh I mean super sewist, I went to work.

I had black regular cotton fabric so ,using Delia's pattern as a template I cut out two capes and sewed them together, turned right side out , pressed and topstitched. Then came the magic! I made the button hole on the short tab. And tied a knot in the long tab.

Then Abracadabra, button the knot through the buttonhole and the cape is secure without any button!!!

What a great idea! Thanks to Delia Creates for the tutorial and the magical idea!!

1 comment:

Jean said...

It fit perfectly, and little L loves it!