Pages

Monday, July 25, 2022

Storms, Blinds, Catching Up

 

See Bob there? 
There was  a storm warning a week or so ago, they said we could have high winds so I went out and tied down the deck stuff. See how handy it is to have scarp quilt binding strips on hand? I tied down the smoker and the chairs and bench.
It turned out to not be a bad storm after all-no worries.

I also got new blinds in the front room! Look how nice they look! This was the first one up. 

They required the brackets to be placed differently than the old blinds. It was a smart move to wait until the morning to do the rest of the blinds-that sun beating in in the afternoon was fierce!
THey are wider than the old ones.
And are wood-look. And lucky for me they match the wood-ish trim we already have on the windows.
There! They look good! A really nice change.
See in this picture-the old on the left...and the new one on the right. I ordered from JCPennney on line. They are really a perfect fit.
And outdoors, I pulled the weeds from around the back up generator and put down the stone chips like I used last year in the front yard. 
That looks a lot better, The weeds were just taking over! My gardener has been a little bit busy.
She and her brother came and picked up Hubs and took him to the Blues and BBQ event in North Liberty. 
She sent me these Snap Chats......
Oh my goodness. I had to work and I'm a little bit glad......
So, I think I'm caught up now....next, A FINISH!

No comments: